Theory of Writing

Md Rashid

Professor Sara Jacobson

Subject Name English 110

December 19 2019

Personal Writing Process

Every writer across the world has their way of writing. Everyone uses different writing processes. Their process is unique to each other because it’s what’s they are more comfortable with. I have a different process of writing. For one of the best way which helps me create my best writing is when I’m in my comfort zone. For me, my comfort zone is when I’m laying down or sitting on my couch. The more relaxed I am it helps me to think better. While relaxing I make an idea in my head of what I will be writing about. I gather ideas if I think about something interesting I write it down in my notes so I can use it later. I believe every piece of idea is very important because one idea can lead to another one. More ideas you have, the better your writing will be. Before writing about a topic I do a free write to see how much I know about the topic. To me, free-write is very important because you never know you might have written something you can use for your piece. However, some people have disorders. I find myself hard to concentrate for a long period, that’s why I always start a writing way before it is due. I can never write for more than 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, my mind wanders off elsewhere and I lose all the thought about writing. Another trick used to help myself concentrate is before I start writing I tell my sister or mother to hide my phone and tell them to keep it hidden until I am done. I get distracted very easily and having a phone near me does not help at all. I happen to write better after midnight or after everyone falls asleep. Less noise helps me think better and type after. When it is sitting to write I have a snack near me because I tend to eat while I’m writing it keeps me stay active. Another thing I find myself doing while writing I take short walks this helps me restart and refresh. For me I love to write at home I feel like I can concentrate the most when I am home. Writing outside is a huge challenge for me, destruction everyone and I am very insecure about people are thinking of me. That’s why the school library and the public library doesn’t work for me. I have noticed that writing in a new environment is difficult because I need more time to settle in and adapt to the place. For me bets place to write is my couch while everyone is asleep. I isolate myself from all the destruction so I can focus on the work. One weird habit I have while I write is to keep my fan on I need some type of air in the way for me to write. Another habit I acquired is to call a friend and talk while I write and sometimes I even ask for advice. Somethings when I’m stuck thinking and writing I blast music to refresh myself. I have tried many other ways to write. However, writing in the morning and the afternoon never works for me that’s why I feel like I am a night person. Another habit I have is to walk in my house and reread what I wrote this helps me think better too what to write next. Even Though I take a snack while I write, I usually have a big meal before I start my writing. After coming to college and taking English 110 my writing process has changed. My process is different because in college you are required to write longer essays that require a lot of time and research. That’s why I have modified my writing style to adapt to the college level. Some of the steps I take which are different from before are not being too comfortable, not to call a friend, nor eat a meal. These steps have changed because throughout the year because when I’m writing a college essay it is different from any other writing you have to focus more that’s why being too comfortable takes me off task. I can never write a long essay while laying down or sitting on my couch. College taught me to never wait until the last moment star before your paper is due.

Now I sit in a chair and table keep all the destruction away and jump straight to work. I have to force myself to adapt to any environment college library public library my goal is to finish the essay doesn’t matter what steps I take. Every individual has their process of writing some might change their steps to get the writing done.